Point2 Agent Blog: Real Estate, Marketing, Software

Out With The New, In With The Newer

New 300x298 Out With The New, In With The NewerHard to believe that it has been just over a year since we launched our latest design for Point2Agent.com

It seems like just yesterday everyone in the marketing department was gathered around our designer Shaynne’s desk, ‘ooh-ing’ and ‘ah-ing’ over the latest mock ups before the site went live for everyone to see.

Since that time we have been feverishly monitoring the site to see what was working, what wasn’t, and what could be improved upon in future iterations – all to provide our users with the best possible experience.

Also – and let’s not kid ourselves here – we are looking to improve our conversion rate.  That is, the percentage of users that are ultimately moved to click the “sign up” button and start a three month free trial to check out what Point2′s swell real estate software can do for their business.

Agent Site Out With The New, In With The Newer

So what changed since the original launch?  I’d like to think the changes fall into two categories: fun changes & call-to-action changes.

In the category of “fun changes” we have additions like the animated syndication graphic (truth be told, this has been there for a little while now) which is just begging to be spun around and played with, or the addition of the Real Estate Confidence Index widget in the footer.

Where as in the category of “call-to-action” changes we have done things like increased the prominence of the “create your account” button or changed our sign-up process so registration takes just one page to complete.

As always, we would love to hear what you think of the changes.  Great?  Awful?  Some where in between?  Leave us a comment, or drop us a tweet @Point2Agent.

12 Responses to “Out With The New, In With The Newer”

1. Chris Dowell says:

Like a lot of the changes. The two biggest yet to be done 1) new blogging platform 2) better database for prospects.

2. Tim Menefee says:

I have been a member for about three years now and like the fact you are trying to improve the functionality of your site so to attract new point2 members. But I have yet to see any real improvement of you member sites. Example: Agent website themes have not changed in years. Are you planning any real beneficial upgrades for the people who are funding things?

3. Jeff Spears says:

We really need a waterfront indicator for property searches!

4. Thank you for all the changes and the email system! I have 2 sites including this one and I would like to see more website templates. I think you are in direct competition with Homes.com, check out their templates. Several friends I recommended to you, who by the way are realtors, chose to stay with Homes just because of template selection.
    Thank you for all your hard work.

• Chris says:

Thanks for the comments Georgia, Jeff, and Tim!

At Point2 we are always looking to improve our product for our customers and are committed to delivering some much sought after features in 2009, such as the previously implemented cross-browser compatibility & email platform.

While there may be only 3 months left in the year, we have some great surprises coming that we KNOW you are going to love – the best is yet to come :)

5. Hopefully more to come includes new website templates, horizontal drop down menus, editable contact forms and automatic lead input into Top Producer!

6. I agree with Michael! New website templates (we’ve asked for these for 2 1/2 years now!! What gives! Drop down menus, and customizable contact forms would be awesome as well.

7. Kim Jones says:

Changes are greatly appreciated!! I have been with point2 since 2004, Point2 is hands down the best do-it-yourself website company out there for the price. The incredible amenities included with the price are astounding! Believe me I am out there looking.

I do agree with the other folks that new templates are in order, blog platform is awkward, I am going outside for my blog. The changes alone would bring more customers to point2.

I would love to use the animated Syndication graphics for my seller page. How can I do that?

Thanks for all you do.

8. Kim Knoz says:

Would love to see new templates.

9. Dawn Ronski says:

I too have been a Member for years and have yet to see any new otions for your Members Website Themes,options etc..very limited and poor selection at that. And only 2 additional options for Professional Members….Tsk.Tsk.

10. I echo that. New templates please.

11. Lisa says:

Definitely new templates are needed to keep current with competitor sites…viewers want fresh content and a current look, especially with regard to real estate. Please new templates.